Job Interviewing tips for job seeker
· Success in a job interview starts with a solid foundation of knowledge on the job-seeker's part. You should understand the employer, the requirements of the job, and the background of the person (or people) interviewing you. Another key to interview success is preparing responses to expected interview questions.
· Remember that it's always better to be overdressed than under and to wear clothing that fits and is clean and pressed. Keep accessories and jewelry to a minimum. Try not to smoke or eat right before the interview and if possible, brush your teeth or use mouthwash.
· A cardinal rule of interviewing: Be polite and offer warm greetings to everyone you meet ..
· Strive to arrive about 15 minutes before your scheduled interview to complete additional paperwork and allow yourself time to get settled.
· Once the interview starts, the key to success is the quality and delivery of your responses.
· Remember Body Language, Avoiding Bad Habits.
· If you are applying for a sales job -- or a position requiring equivalent aggressiveness -- consider asking for the job at the end of the interview.
· Thank Interviewer(s) in Person, by Email, and Postal Mail.